Flaig's 25-06 missing magazine/ please dont crucify me newby here

twin69gemini

Inactive
This was my grandfathers rifle and apparently some how the magazine on 2 of my rifles came up missing and one was a Flaig's 25-06 does anyone know what other magazine will fit this rifle and where to purchase... Its one of the nicest looking rifles I have seen in a very very long time

Thanks in advance

Tommy

Last edited:
pics of the Rifle and the magazine opening etc

any Idea the year or what the value of the rifle could be not that I would get rid of it obviously but insurance reasons....

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    37 KB · Views: 83
  • photo 4.JPG
    photo 4.JPG
    102.8 KB · Views: 71
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    123.4 KB · Views: 68
The magazine is there, but missing the floorplate, spring, and follower.

Pretty stock. The rifle pictured is a commercial Mauser action. The parts are pretty standard, and available many places. Gun Parts Corp (formerly Numrich Arms), Brownells, maybe even Cabellas or Gander Mountian (not sure about the last two).

The trick will be finding a floor plate that best matches the bluing of your rifle.

The current market value of these kinds of rifles is not high, and is often actually less in terms of value than they originally sold for.
$350-500 range depending on lots of factors, including local demand.

You might have the missing parts and not realize you do. These guns did not use a removable box magazine but had an internal magazine consisting of bottom plate, spring and follower. Like this
attachment.php

Attachments

• mauserbottom.jpg
    mauserbottom.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 87
That 25-06 is made on a Large Ring "GEW Length" Mauser
All you need is a Military type GEW floor plate, a follower and a magazine spring.

Love that flash and dash style of the Flaigs and Weatherbys. Like holding old Hollywood in your hands. Please come back and show us what it can do.

Back