Fixing Mini-14 Aftermarket Magazines

Skorzeny

Is it possible to fix aftermarket Mini-14 magazines that have the front locking hole drilled in the wrong place (or none at all)?

The one with no hole - I suppose I can have a smith drill one for me, but what about the others?

Would the magazine still function if the holes are enlarged (since they are off by a few mm's)? Or is there a way to "close off" a part of the hole and "relocate" it by a few mm's?

Skorzeny

------------------
For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the supreme excellence. Sun Tzu

Skorzeny, these should be repairable. Especially the ones without holes. The ones where the holes are off a little can be fixed as well. There may not be a need to "fill in" the excess. It just depends on how secure they are after the hole has been opened up to accept the catch. Personally, I would not keep anything like that. I would send it back for a refund. George

20-rounders from Cheaper Than Dirt and 30-rounders from PMI.

Skorzeny

------------------
For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the supreme excellence. Sun Tzu

Back