Fist holsters

STEVE M

I've done a search on these and have been looking at there web site. I still have a couple of questions.
Is the hard molding really hard or is it just harder than cheap suede? (I like a hard holster, it makes getting the gun in and out easier).
How does their quality compare to a Sparks holster. (the brand I have the most of). They carry some styles that I need that Milt Sparks doesn't but I don't want to give up quality.
Does anyone have anything BAD to say about this company or their products. ( I think yo can find out more about a co. from the negatives than the rave revues).

I bought a FIST holster about 2 years ago. The finish, fit, and leatherwork were all first rate-a beautiful holster. I traded it away because I felt the pistol didn't sit deep enough in my waistband.YMMV. I wouldn't be at all opposed to trying them out again. geegee

When they hardmold, its HARD. You'd almost think its kydex. My first FIST is about four years old, and with constant wear it remains hard and in good condition.

I highly recommend the belt and mag pouches, too.

An aquiantence has the new FIST kydex holster, and the more I hear and see, the more I want one.

Yeah, do it. And by the way, Morgan reminded me of something-I also have one of their belts. It's not on par with my Mitch Rosen, but is a terrific buy for the money-great looking and easily broken in. geegee

I took a long hard look at a FIST kydex holster about 15 months ago... It looks like a good buy and got very good gun rag reviews. They couldn't supply me with one before I shipped overseas so I went with a few cheaper options (a halfway decent nylon rig from Eagle Industries and a great paddle piece from Fobus, which is turning into one of my all time favorite holsters), but I've always wondered about those great looking, super thin FIST kydex pieces. If you order one, could you post a review when you get it in? I'd be very interested to see how it works out for you... what kind of weapon are you planning on putting in it?

I bought a Fist #11 a couple of years ago (while waiting forever for a Rosen ARG). The turnaround was as promised, the price reasonable and the quality very good. After breaking it in I found it to be very comfortable. But after about three months I found that my rear site had drifted (I bought it for my Beretta Mini Cougar 8040F). Close examination showed a wear mark in the leather slide protector extension. I have since cut a channel for my rear site in the leather and use it mainly as OWB.

BTW - I won't repeat that Rosen mistake again. There are too many other quality leather smiths out there to fool around with one that has forgotten what a customer is.

-- Chuck

I bought the FIST ultra thin Kydex universal holster for my 1911 about 2 months ago.I love it!It allows me to convert it from IWB to OWB to crossdraw with a screwdriver and a couple of minutes.The Kydex is not cheesy or flimsy.It's very comfortable and when the gun is in it, it's not much wider than the gun's frame.

Back