Fish&Chips&Muggings

RickD

http://www.sunday-times.co.uk/news/pages/sti/98/10/11/stinwenws01035.html?999

Official: more muggings in England than US

by Nicholas Rufford Home Affairs Editor

ENGLISH people are more likely to be mugged or assaulted than Americans, according to an official study that shatters traditional beliefs that England is a "safe" country.

The Home Office is urgently studying a report
by the US Department of Justice which shows
that since 1981 crime rates in England and
Wales for most serious offences have overtaken those in America. It is a crime pattern that is being repeated across Europe.

Spread the word.

Rick

Must be the disarmed population make attractive victims to the armed criminals,
who somehow forgot to turn in their guns for konfiscation.

What? Oh--I was susposed to say
"Must be the Roll Gold Pretzils"?
I think not!

------------------
In 2000, we must become
politically active
in support of gun rights
or we WILL LOSE the right
& the freedom.

NO FATE BUT WHAT WE MAKE!!!

Every year,over 2 million Americans use firearms
to preserve life,limb & family.Gun Control Democrats
would prefer that they are all disarmed and helpless and die,instead.

ernest2, Conn. CAN opp. "Do What You Can"!
http://thematrix.acmecity.com/digital/237/cansite/can.html

Since this development is unlikely to result in the loosening of any anti-self defense laws, we can only assume that the powers that be will view this as an opportunity to impose further restrictions and intrusions into the lives of their "subjects".
I recall reading recently that there is a measure currently being debated in Parliament that would eliminate jury trials for certain crimes.
Welcome to the Brave New World!

My brother went to work in Washington, D.C. after attending college in London. He feels safer in D.C. In D.C. he's never been mugged, but he was mugged in London!

The increase in muggings has little to do with changes in the self-defence law. Self-defence has essentially been illegal since 1962. What has changed is rather than prosecuting criminals, especially young offenders, the justice system has made increasing use of cautions, parole after serving 50% of the sentence and suspended sentences. Little more than a slap on the wrist in many cases. Young offenders learn that they will not be punished and so their criminal activities continue.

------------------
"Quemadmoeum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est."
("A sword is never a killer, it's a tool in the killer's hands.") -
Lucius Annaeus Seneca "the Younger" (ca. 4 BC-65 AD).

Back