First time posting

rhedley

Boy, what a tough time I had getting here to post, I had to call a member for help..This is just a test, I may not be there yet.....RJ=

Carry methods of pocket pistols

How do you prefer to carry your favorite pocket pistol and
does that method work in all types jeans/ pants ?
Rj=

pocket carry

As much as I like holsters, I like hearing of odd methods of pocket carry. An old timer once shared with me, his time proven method. He would put the bare pistol in his right rear pocket with the muzzle up, and the slide to the center line of the body. To retrieve it, he would stick his index finger into the triggerguard, pull the pistol half way out and roll to the right. The pistol rolls right into your hand. With the help of a large handkerchief to break up the out line it can work.

With an unloaded pistol, give it a try.....

RJ=

RJ,
I’m not at all a fan of un holstered pocket carry. It is simply far too dangerous IMO. Also, any pocket used for carrying a firearm should have nothing else in that pocket but holster and gun. Sequence of the draw should also insure control of the muzzle and the area that it sweeps while being brought on target. Your finger should not be in the trigger guard until your sights are on target. Your method, mentioned above, while interesting is a high probability accident waiting to happen. Safety IMO, dictates the above as one example of what NOT to do.

Please do not take offense at my post as you are new; however, you’ll find most of TFL members to be demanding in personal responsibility, particularly in the safe handling of firearms.

Scott,
I agree with you wholeheartedly, I guess I should not have said, "Give it a try."
Another odd carry would be the revolver hanging around neck, from on a string.
This was in "The Good,the Bad and the Ugly", with Clint Eastwood.

Do not attempt this at home. ;-)

Rj=

"If you're gonna shoot, SHOOT! Don't talk." :D

I bought the Keltec neck lanyard for the P32, but I've never tried it. Maybe next time I'm in the tub. ;)

I think I know him

I think I know that cranky old guy in Winterhaven, Florida. :) He is really hard to get along with but has a great web page and now he has added a message board to it.

I tried pocket carry briefly, but then I bought an almost new, used holster made by some guy in Florida :)

Welcome.

John

cranky?

You guys are some kind of a right wing conspiracy group that's trying to make me look bad...and my Wife is yukin' it up !! :rolleyes:

RJ=

Cobraman

Yeah, little joke. It's RJ Hedley in Winter Haven. If you live close, I'm sure he'd be glad to show you some examples of his work. He's a nice guy, really. I know I've said it a lot, but he really does make the best. Hedley's holsters not only look great and are moderately priced, they also work well. By that I mean the holster stays in your pocket EVERY time when you draw your pistol. He's designed the things to specifically do this. Just think about how much that means. A bad guy comes up to attack you, you whip out your pistol and out comes the holster still attached to your gun. The bad guy would laugh and you would get hurt. With Hedley's holster's, both front and back pocket, you don't have to worry about the holster coming out with the pistol.

Kentucky Rifle

Back