First round jamming in Ruger Mk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

BTR

My Ruger Mark 2 has been having occasional jamming problems. When I insert a new magazine, and work the bolt, the bullet will get trapped (and its head will get gouged) and the bolt will not close. I had cleaned it (not expertly). I am shooting the Remington ammo in the green box. Any ideas? Would changing the ammo help? Thanks.

BTR, You magazine may need cleaned, or you might be slamming it in place a little too hard. This could cause the top bullet to partially come out past the feed lips, and be mis-aligned when the bold comes forward.

Good Luck...

Joe

------------------
Go NRA

I have done this in the past so will ask.Not loading too many rounds in the mag?If I do it the same thing happens to me.
Bob

There are no dangerous weapons only dangerous people

I've not had jams consistently on the first round: usually further along. Got rid of them by using some Lubriplate white lithium grease on the rod inside the spring on top the bolt. Too tired to think of the actual name for the part. With the Lubriplate I just about never have a jam.

I used to have jams in the first mag per session. This stopped afted about 2000 rounds.

Guess it just needs to be broken in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back