First revolver

TOPWATER

Inactive
I have been coming to and enjoying this site for some time. I have never posted, and just registered today. Mostly I just use the search option to do research, and study up on my interests. But today something happened that has gotten me excited enough to post for the first time.

Today I purchased not my first, but my first two revolvers. A SRH .44 mag, and a SRH 454 casull. Why did I buy them? Basically because I can, and I just wanted a new gun. I will probably deer hunt with the 454 next year. I'll probably just use the .44 to blow holes in stuff for a little while. I've worked my way up from a little ruger .22, to a 9mm to a .40 then a .45 auto. And now I've gotten two new cannons to take out and have fun with. I can't relay to you how pumped I am. But I'm sure all of you have had similiar experience so you know where I'm coming from. I've gotten a lot of info on what loads to use and which scopes are good ones for these calibers from past posts so I'll just go ahead and thank everyone for posting up their knowledge and experiences with these guns. I'm just hoping I know when to say when the first day I take them out so I'll be able to move my wrists the next day.

If you have never shot a .44 RemMag or a .454 Casull, do yourself a big favor.

Buy a couple of boxes of .44 S&W SPL and .45 LC (Standard loads not the heavy hunting ammo) and start your range session with the lighter loads and if you feel yourself developing a flinch from the magnum loads, go back to the lighter loads and to your .22 LR.

If you don't reload, you need to take up the hobby. otherwise, you are going to spend a fortune on ammo.

Doc Hudson

Back