First Range Trip of the Year

AR-10

After FOUR MONTHS of looking at snow or mud I finally got into the outdoor range yesterday. It felt like that first breath you draw after holding your breath for five minutes.:)

I packed up a couple of .357 revolvers and some ammo and did a drive-by in hopes that the snow was receded to the point that I could get in. Spring had sprung! I spent an hour plinking, and getting to know one of the revolvers which I have not been able to shoot until yesterday.

Had so much fun I went home, grabbed the AR-10 and a couple of .45 semi-autos and went back for another two hours. Life is good again.:)

Oh,Thanks for getting the board back up,guys. There isn't another board as complete,as educational, or as civil as this one. It's a peach.

I know what you mean. I went to the range 4 times in one week durring Spring Break. I didn't get a chance to go durring the school term.

This is why I like to shoot outdoors in the winter: nobody wants to go. In the summer the range is crowded, there's a ceasefire every five minutes, and I don't know a lot of the people on the line--or how competent they are safety-wise. The warm weather _is_ easier on the trigger finger, though.

Dick

Back