First Range Results

BigMikey76

Well, I had planned on getting some pics posted a couple days after I got my new rifle, but ol' Murphy decided to have his way with me... To skip to the results of a long story, I now have a new (to me) pickup truck, my step dad is setting up a 100 yard shooting range on his property, and I got some fair grouping out of my new rifle.

This three shot group is the only one I got a photo of - fired from my new Savage 10 7mm08 loaded with PPU 140 gr soft point at 75 yards supported with a sand bag under the fore end on the hood of my truck.
I took my time with it and shot a 10 round mag out of my .22 between each of the shots to make sure the barrel wouldn't heat up too much. The group is about 1/2" wide and 3/4" tall, measured from center to center of the holes. I don't know if that is the standard method, and if there is a different standard, please let me know.
You should be able to see the markings on the target clearly - the bold lines are 1/4" apart.

Attachments

• 100_0804.jpg
    100_0804.jpg
    221.5 KB · Views: 50
If I'm reading your target correctly that is 3 shots pretty much inside a 1" square? If so that is very nice, congrats on getting a great shooter!

Thanks. I am pretty pleased with it. I'm looking foreward to shooting longer ranges and trying to get my skills up to par so I can really take advantage of the rifle's accuracy.

Back