First Post and First BP Revolver

Kiddmen57

Inactive
Hi everyone. This is my first post here and I figured I would show my first BP purchase. I had been casually toying with the idea to put together some consecutive Uberti 1851's in a case as a fun target shooting set and had been talking to a guy at work who is heavy into old firearms. He also happens to be good friends with a local shop owner. Well, this past week I was thrust into BP ownership and collecting.

A gentleman came in with around 50 BP guns and left a couple at the shop. My friend mentioned the guy had left an 1851 nickel (huh?) at the shop for sale. I went and looked at it and it was a 2nd gen SS gun in pretty darn good shape minus the box, though it did have a late Colt presentation box in pretty good shape with it. Fast forward a few days and she is sitting in my safe. Now I really need to get one I can play with as it's killing me not to touch this one!

A big thanks to FingersMcGee for some email communication and assistance.
I have also been told by this guns previous owner that he has some NIB and 98% condition consecutive pairs, including a serial number confirmed consecutive set of 1860 stainless guns. Oh, and before you ask, I am certainly going to look for any 1861 SS guns!

I know people like pics so here you go.

Before buying this I had no real idea of these guns, didnt even know Colt made the 2nd and licensed 3rd gen variations. I thought Pietta and Uberti were the only ones other than real original 1850's units.

Now that I see the pricing for a 90% or shooter quality 2nd gen, If I can find a set of those I'd shoot them for sure. I mean, if you find a decent 85-90% colt 2nd gen it can be had for cheaper than a new Uberti! :eek:

Glad you got it Kiddmen. To shoot it or not to shoot it, that is a quandary. I don't shoot my NIB SS Colts; but do shoot a pair of C series '51 Navies and a pair of F series '61 Navies.

Whichever way you go, have fun.

Wow...

... now that... is a beautiful pistol!

To me, these are like vintage guitars... great to look at... even more fun to play! :cool:

Either way, I might have a hard time taking that one to the range.

Awesome first purchase and welcome to the forum!

Birch

Glad to see...

Doc Hoy's post. Although I haven't been on much, I hadn't seen him post much either. Glad to see ya here Doc!

Birch

Back