First CAS Shoot

deanadell

Went and shot at my first Cowboy Action Shoot this weekend :D Boy what a blast!!!!

Couldn;t stay for the whole match, but shot 4 of 6 stages (2 stages clean). Great bunch of people.

If you;'ve been thinking about getting into this, I urge you to take the plunge....I had a great time

:D Glad you had a great time.:D

It'll be 20 years of CAS for me this summer (Not a typo, since 1987). That's 'way longer than I've maintained interest in any other organized shooting sport to date. I still get excited when I head up to the firing line at a cowboy shoot.

I've been at it about seven years, and have finally settled on the .44-40 caliber in 24" 1873's, 5 1/2" Vaqueros, and a variety of SxS 12 gauges. Occasionally I'll shoot a .38 1866 and .357 Vaqueros or even a pair of Uberti 1847 Walkers. All with black powder or APP of course. :) It sure beats playing bingo at the VFW.

I shot my first match in March ,I had just went to watch but the guys loaned me guns/ammo so I ended up shooting the match .I also had a good time ,shot again in April and I'm looking forward to shooting this month .

Back