First 3-Gun Match

Markk9

One of the local IDPA clubs are going to hold a 3-Gun match. I going to be using a Colt 1911 in 10mm, Rem 870 in 000 buckshot, and an AR-15 in 45ACP. It looks like its going to be fun.

Mark

Hey Markk9. Please post back here and let us know how it went. I kind of like your AR in a pistol caliber, but I am a little curious why you would have a cool 10mm pistola and a .45 AR?

Twix, the reason for the AR in 45ACP was the purchase price $500 for the upper and lower. I plan to get an upper in 10mm. The match went well for 2 stages. The 1911 had a case head seperation, left about 3/4 of the case in the chamber. I was using new Win brass, Win primer, 12.4 of AA7, with a west coast 155 plated bullet. Until the 1911 failed I was having a good time, next month I will be using my beretta 92FS, it's never failed me in 6K rounds.

Mark

Ah. I'm just a .40 shooter with penis envy. Hope you didn't hurt your 1911 too bad. Bunch of 10 mm fanatics on Glocktalk "ten ring" forum. You may be well aware of them. A10mm AR could be real kickin'.

Back