Firing problem

mjcitra

I recently purchased a Winchester 1300 Ranger and after assembling it went out to fire it. I loaded a shell, pumped the forearm and pulled the trigger but the shell didn't fire even though the trigger clicked normally. The forearm is fully locked so this is very strange. repumping the forearm unloaded the shell as expected. There was a small amount of play in the forearm but nothing extraordinary. When I pushed the forearm as far as it would go in the direction of the barrel and tried to fire again the gun fired without a problem. This does not seem normal though. Has anyone experienced this type of problem and how did you solve it? It seems as though the firing pin might need an adjustment.

This might seem a silly question, but did you disengage the safety?

On the shell you tried to fire, were there any marks on the primer?

Did you try other shells?

If there are no marks on the primer, the safety was off and no shell fires, my guess is there is a problem that should be covered under warranty, probably the firing pin. Take it back(after unloading and checking, to where you bought it and get it fixed or replaced.

False alarm. Last night I took the gun apart, cleaned and oiled it then re-assembled it and now it fires just fine. The magazine cap was a little loose and the problem was probably that the barrell was not seated properly. I feel like a complete dumbass.

Back