Firing pin needed . . . hey gunsmiths!

johnAK

Hello all,
Great forum here! I've been lurking for quite a while and I finally decided to post. What I'm looking for is a firing pin for a 9mm Firestar. Interarms no longer imports or supports them and I simply cannot find any place that has them. Any of y'all know where I can locate one? I've tried all the big online gun-parts places (Numark, etc) and they have all come up dry. The poor thing just sits in my safe looking lonely . . . help me bring her back into service!

Thanks

Disconnector

PS>> Sorry about the cross-posts but I really need this part!

Hi Disconnector,
Sounds to me like it's time to start digging around in your Drill Stock!
:D

If you can't find it, MAKE it!

I just checked http://www.gun-parts.com They list a firing pin for the Star Firestar.

If they don't have one in stock you might try looking in Shotgun News at some of the smaller parts houses who advertise there, or advertising in The Gun List. If all else fails, find a decent gunsmith and have him make one.

Firing pins are easily made. Any gunsmith with a lathe can do it in less than half an hour. If you have the original it´s even faster(even if it´s broken).

keep blasting!

Consider trying LSI. Used to be Interarms. They are located in Virginia. Legacy Sports International. Try yahoo.

I have some numbers at home for the folks that bought all of the left overparts. I'll post tonight.

These folks supposedly bought up all of the parts.
M&M Gunsmithing
204 S. Union St.
Alexandria, VA
703-739-1250

Also, try Bob's Gun Parts, 501-707-1970

[Edited by BBBBill on 05-14-2001 at 09:19 PM]

Back