Firing Autos at the Range Today

Drakejake

I previously posted a report that I experienced a number of failures to extract on my first tryout of my new Republic Arms Patriot. Helpful members suggested that the cause was "limp-wristing." After my second test drive today I have concluded that these commentators are probably correct. I consciously tried to keep my wrists and arms rigid and experienced only a couple of extraction failures and only on the last round in a mag. Several mags fired without any problem.

.45 ACP is the most powerful round I have ever fired in a compact auto. Apparently the combination of light weight, small size, and powerful round demand greater arm rigidity than I have been using. My new Ruger P90 again performed beautifully.

My Beretta Tomcat and Kel-Tec P32 were fully accepting of the Winchester Silvertip HP which I used in them for the first time. My KT P11 again performed without incident.

All in all, an encouraging outing at the range. And I managed not to run my truck up against a pole today as I did last time (stupid me!).

Drakejake

Back