Firestorm .45 Gov't model??

The two that I have handled seem well made. One of them however developed a burr on the frame where the barrel bushing locks in. He took it make twice and it still happened. Most likely cause is "soft" metal.

I would group these like I group the High-Points. They work very well. They are reliable and reasonably accurate. They were designed for use with ball ammo so if you plan on using SWC's or for that matter most brands of JHP's , I'd pass. They are not 100% 1911 compatible (very few interchangable parts) so keep that in mind. Nothing wrong with the metal either. Just be aware that there are better brands out there (isn't there always). But if you're budget is tight and willing to shoot ball ammo the Firestorm/Llama line will serve you well for a home defense weapon. Get 500 rounds down range as quickly as possible to break it in and determine its reliability. Once you've ironed out any malfs (if any) with your local gunsmith you'll be good to go.

Regards,

Warm Bore

I have the FireStorm Compact 45. This isn't the mini-compact, but the one that is about an inch short of full sized for the barrel. I bought mine exclusively to shoot 230 Grain FMJ and it hasn't failed to feed that yet. Any Colt or equivelent 1911 mag will fit and feed ball ammo just as good. I do have a problem with hollowpoints from an aftermarket mag, but none from the factory mag. As I said though, I bought this because I wanted to shoot 230 Grain FMJ. It also feeds Winclean just fine, despite the flat nose. For a $300 gun (I got the dual-tone) I am very satisfied.

Firestorm told me that with the exception of the slide, grips and one other part(can't remember which one)their 1911 is colt compatible.

I found this in my notes from some time ago. I snagged them from a 1911 site. Have no idea which one it was. Now this was refering to the Llama Government .45 model but I'm 99% sure it applies to the Firestorms too.

----------
The following parts fit with no modifications required:

Extractor, recoil spring, guide rod, recoil spring plug, firing pin stop, magazine, hammer, hammer strut, hammer pin, safety, sear, sear pin.

The following parts fit with some modification:

Barrel bushing, barrel, firing pin, magazine catch, grip safety, slide stop, trigger, sear spring, disconnector.
----------

It is closer then I remembered but still not 100% compatible unless you get a gunsmith involved. If I'm wrong (and I frequently am) I'm sure someone will point it out.

Regards,

Warm Bore

Back