Firearms trainer interview – John Farnam

HeadHunter

John Farnam is often referred to as the ‘Dean’ of tactical firearms instructors.

He has been a firearms trainer for four decades and is considered one of the preeminent authorities in the field. This interview also includes an excerpt of his essay, Living With Firearms, which is reprinted with his permission.

http://exm.nr/1aRm8VQ

I took Farnam's course years ago and it certainly was an eye opener . It's why I think those who carry must take similar courses.

I was fortunate to be able to attend a John Farnam class locally in 2010. Excellent instruction, some unique drills, and a pretty intense test at the end to earn your DTI pin and successfully complete the course. But the highlight was during an afternoon break, John told a story of going to Philly to train a group of Police Officers, all happened to be Black guys. After they had trained on malfunctions, the "tap, rack, bang" drill, they came back from lunch with a hastily prepared "tap rack bang Rap". When John turned his ball cap backwards and did a demo, he brought the house down. He's a hell of a guy. :)

After they had trained on malfunctions, the "tap, rack, bang" drill, they came back from lunch with a hastily prepared "tap rack bang Rap". When John turned his ball cap backwards and did a demo, he brought the house down. He's a hell of a guy.

I would have loved to see that. :D

Back