FIRE MISSION - We're losing!!!

The first step is getting a right to carry recognized. Then moving to an Alaska or Vermont model.

We let our rights slip away over the last 40 years. They aren't going to come back all at once, no more than my 46 year old middle age spread will be gone tomorrow if I do crunches tonight.

Constant activism, every day at every opportunity. Educate a friend. Be an ambassador. Do good works. Stay focused and on topic. Headway has been made, but the road is long. (or words to that effect :D)

Fox-Charlie this is Scarab one-niner, one-seven-four-fife, inbound one-seven-six, angels three, four-five-zero knots, 30 seconds out, last call. ;)

(sorry guys, I've wanted to blather like that on one of these for MONTHS!)

I voted no.

Do you think the identity of people with a permit to carrya concealed weapon should remain on public record?

yes 13%

no 87%

Licenses granted by the state have to be part of the public record.

Would you want doctors to try and keep medical licenses secret also?

You're comparing apples and oranges, unregistered.

Doctors have to be clearly licensed, because the patients need to be able to trust them.

CCW holders should not be publicized, because that puts them at risk and deprives them of the advantage of surprise.

Should undercover cops and informants be identified also?

Last edited:
CCW licenses being a matter of public record is one thing... newspapers and such publishing the list is quite another.

Boards like this one have made it possible for people who share an interest/concern to act in concert. The firearms community has done a spectacular job of capitalizing on this.

When a newspaper publishes such information, all of their advertisers need to be informed (by a tidal-wave of us) that we will no longer patronize their business, as they support a political agenda that we find unacceptable.

I support their right to publish public information. I also support our right to tar-and-feather them for doing so.

I agree with Robc. Any state issued license needs to be part of the public record. This helps prevent corruption in government. Since it is part of the public record, the information should be available to newspapers for publishing. If CCW holders don't like their names being published, then influence should be exerted upon advertisers and the editorial board.

Back