fiocchi ammo problems?

scout 1

45 auto 230 gr. ball. Anyone experienced problems with this ammo? Specifically hard primers. Just fired some in a brand new Glock 21 and probably 5% would not fire and showed a more shallow strike depth. Thanks.

I have gone through over 7000 rounds of Fiocchi .45 230 gr. ball ammo and have not had any problems with hard primers. It is the ammo I use for training.

No problems with made in Italy loads. Problems with made in Hungary loads: feeding problems and some misfires...

Since you're using a brand new Glock, you might try a good cleaning to see if anything is hanging up the firing pin. you might also try some Speer Lawman ammo. they have very hard primers.

I've used Fiocchi for years and the only thing I'venoticed is that they seem hotter than domestic brands. Never have had a problem with hard primers in .45 acp, 40 S&W, or 9mm.

I've fired thousands of Fiocchi .45 ACP 230 grain FMJ rounds with no problems in three 1911A1 types (pre-WWII government Colt, Kimber Custom/Classic, and Springfield "loaded") plus a Sig P-220 and an H&K USP Tactical. My last 1000 rounds presumably were manufactured in Hungry; again, zero problems. Overall, I like Fiocchi ammo.

I have some Fiocchi, just bought it, haven't used it yet. I can't tell where it is made. Where do I look? Also, how's the muzzle flash? Any good for low light training? Sam

If I remember correctly, the Fiocchi ammo components are made in Italy but assembled in their plant in Missouri (something to do with importation regs). Anyway, my experience with it has also been completely positive. Haven't seen or tried the Hungarian-origin stuff.

Fiocchi is my favorite brand, much more accurate and hotter than just about any similar priced U.S. made ammo. Shot a lot of 9mm and .357, never a problem. BTW, Hungarian .45ACP is 100% reliable in my CZ-97B. Check out your Glock.

Oris, Is there a way to determine where it was made? How does it shoot at night? Lots or little muzzle flash? Thanks, Sam

Where the ammo is made will be printed on the back of the box. The stuff I have been getting from ammoman.com has been made in Hungary. I have had no problems with hard primers. As for muzzle flash, there is definitely some, generally yellow flash and not terribly bright. I would say that flash is less than with my Hydrashoks, but it has been a while since I compared the two. The flash certainly is not blinding by any stretch.

I've experienced problems with Fiocchi 9mm and 45acp in terms of hard primers resulting in light strikes. This occured about one or two months ago. I was buying from a Galyans in my area. Prior to one or two months ago, I had used Fiocchi on a regular basis for range ammo and never had any problems.
Daddycat

I just tried Fiocchi for the first time in my Glock 26. The second round misfired. The gun was clean too. I went through another 70 rounds or so with no problems. I've had occassional malfunctions with my glock, which I've always blamed on the magazine spring or the ammo. I don't remember ever having a misfire though.

The box says Made in Italy.

I used to have a few mis-fires(light primer strikes) with my Glock 23. It may not be your ammo. I just looked at the back of the box and it says "made in Hungray". I wonder if there is a real difference between the Italian and Hungarian stuff. Thanks, Sam

Checked the 21 over and could not find any problems. Took some American Eagle, Winchester and the Fiocchi to the range to test. No problems with the AE or Win. Same problem with the Fiocchi. Maybe just a bad lot of ammo. Thanks for the input guys.

I have experienced primer problems with one particular lot of Fiocchi 9mm ball in my Glocks. The cartridges went off on subsequent attempts to fire.

Back