Fiocchi .45 ACP 230 Grain FMJ

RWK

FYI, just fired 350 rounds of Fiocchi 230 grain .45 ACP ball ammunition. One round had improper cartridge case headspace and (obviously) would not load. Not a serious problem -- and I will still use Fiocchi when it is inexpensively available -- but a clear manufacturing defect.

You will find problems with every ammo. I have never seen anything significant with Fiocchi, which is what I shoot most, probably close to 10,000 rounds now. The one nusanse has been the jacket getting just a slight shaving sheared part way off during seating, resulting in a little barb sticking out. To the best of my knowledge, this has never caused a gun problem, but I have gotten a couple in my thumb while loading 1911 mags. They smart pretty good.

Everyone has their favorites for defense, practice, cheapness, cleanliness, etc.. Mine is Fiocchi for practice and it is pretty clean.

The Fiocchi FMJ is very accurate in most the 1911's I've tried it in, and with good reliability in all except those guns with very tight (match) chambers. It is my strong preference of all the lower cost .45 ammo.

I also like their 115 FMJ's and HP's in 9mm.

I've shot 2 cases of Fiocchi in the past. I didn't have any problems whatsoever. In addition, I love Fiocchi's brass! I'm still reloading some of those cases to this day.

FWIW I've fired over 1500 rounds (and counting) of Wolf 45acp ammo and have had 4 FTFs. Primer showed firing pin indentation. I would still buy Wolf ammo though.

I was told...

..that Fiocchi is loaded to European standards, which are a little hotter.
The FMJ Fiocchi that I use in my Jetfire and P-32 DO seem to have more recoil. And I'm with ArmySon on the brass. I'm not a reloader, but I do appreciate shiny brass that looks like it was manufactured well.

Kentucky Rifle

Back