Finnish Mosins From SOG?

Can anyone tell me about the Finn mosin nagants listed by SOG? Good quality for the $229 they're asking? I swore I wouldn't buy any more fins this year but that seems like A good deal of they're in good shape.
Thanks, Nico

I too was interested in one...so I ordered the BAV 1 model. They were a little more expensive originally, but now all M 39s are on sale for 229 as you were aware. I think the reason the B's were more expensive is because the barrels were specially machined from Belgium, if I understand correctly?

Yep. The "B" barrels were contracted from Belgium in 1942, but were assembled post war. They command a premium (slight) becasue they have a tendency to be in better condition and are limited to 1942 dated barrels. If your M91 is also VKT (Valtion Kirvaaritehdas) stamped, it is even rarer.
http://7.62x54r.net/MosinID/MosinM91F.htm

Got mine in yesterday. Looks like its been in storage forever...seems to be in immaculate condition, plus a sling was included. :). Don't think you will be disappointed, Nico.

I am NOT disappointed. Mine is in very good shape. Only a couple dings in the postwar stock. I still need to clean it and shoot it. I am curious as to when/where the receiver was made. Came with sling, which was a nice plus. The arsenal tag has absolutely no writing on it. Front sight is marked as a 7 but there is no marking on the barrel behind it. Bolt and receiver match.

Back