Finnish Mosin 91/30

Ky_Collector

Here is a pic of my 1944 Finnish Mosin 91/30. I think it might be a Tikka? It has a nice stock on it. The bore is bright with nice grooves. It also has the Finnish sling swivels. I had never seen sling swivels like that before. (I wasn't familiar with Finnish Mosins).

Attachments

• IMG_0430.JPG
    IMG_0430.JPG
    192.8 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_0431.JPG
    IMG_0431.JPG
    192.2 KB · Views: 39
just once I would like to run across an M28 or M39 just so I can feel the difference. all of my experience is with crappy wartime production 91/30s and chinese u-fix-ems.

I have heard that if you can run across one of those models that you should buy them and then go buy a lottery ticket as your luck will be very good on that day... :)

M39's are readily available from Pat Burns...and worth buying if you don't have one.

I suspect, that your Finnish 91/30 would have equal or greater value, perhaps substantially more depending on specifics...

You have me curious enough to check it out.

Thanks TOBNPR! I got very lucky one day. I walked into the local gun store to see what he had for sale. I had told them a while back that I had wanted a Finnish Mosin. I told them that I doubted that I would ever see one much less own one. I walked in and the owner was grinning at me. He pointed to the wall and there was my Finnish Mosin. He had decided to sell off a couple out of his personal collection and had put this one back for me. I was beyond excited! My wife was like "how many of those do you have to own?". She just doesn't understand. LOL!

Last edited:
Back