Finnish M39 marked 1967?

'88Scrat

Just wondering if someone can tell me what I have here?

A while ago I picked up an M39 off a guy at a show who thought it was a run of the mill 91/30 that someone had modified, (Know what you have people...) I basically stole it. Anyway I was so stoked at getting an M39 for such a great price that I didn't REALLY notice some the markings on it until today when I was rearranging the gun safe.

Barrel and reciever are both marked with serial number 300186 but the magazine is marked 4247.

Also on the reciever is stamped 1967.

Underneath the rear sight is marked 86492.

There are no discernable Russian markings anywhere that I can find but it is a hex receiver.

All around condition is excellent, like I kinda wonder if it was ever actually issued.

Thanks!

It would be easier to just Google M-39 Sneak.
Not trying to be a jerk but there are several videos and what-not.

Wow, sounds like this might be a pretty rare rifle. Article says the lowest known serial number is 300608 but mine definitely says 300168. Cool :cool:

No maker, late date rifles were produced by the Finns for training, and competition from the 60's into the 70's. Not rare.
Like anything else, value depends on the buyer. Built off an old Russian receiver, but not a "wartime" collectible. All M39's are great shooters unless worn out; high quality barrels and they never manufactured corrosive primed ammo.

Back