Finish must be important! LOL

the45er

I just purchased two Sig Sauer P-238's from Bud's. One for me and one for my wife. There were a TON of options to choose from ranging from $441 to $799.99 and as far as I could determine, the only differences were cosmetic; ie. finish differences. I bought two that had and American Flag motif with "STAND" on the slide. Night sights and two mags. $444 each. The $799.99 version did have some engraving on the slide but none of the other 30 different configurations had any engraving. Just different color schemes.

I'm a happy camper to find these so reasonable at Buds, but just don't understand how these prices vary so drastically? Inventory is the most obvious reason. Any other ideas?

I paid almost $700 for my plain, black P938, but have seen other color/grip combos for less than $500; maybe any that don't move right away are discounted?

Supply & Demand.

Certain finishes and colors just aren't as popular as others, therefore they sell for less.

I once saw a Kimber Micro 9 with a lite blue frame, tan grips, and a stainless steel slide on sale for $360 LNIB at my LGS.

While still a valid question, I did learn that the really high priced 238's are all steel while the lower priced ones are allow frame/stainless slide. That would account for a lot of difference in price.

Buds prices vary depending on inventory and availability. The price can change daily and can go either way. I have seen very similar guns with a large difference in price.

"Stand" version come out high but drop fast.

Nothing quite like buying a "stand" gun from a German company which broke German law (CEO just took a plea deal) and fled to America to act patriotic.

The SAS version of the P939 is the most expensive. I have two. So I feel fine bad mouthing the lame finishes. :)

Interestingly, Trump really weighed heavy into the Stand issue. And it was just last week he was pretending to conduct the anthem and other weird things.

https://www.adn.com/nation-world/20...-fidgets-points-pretends-to-conduct-the-band/

But again, let's have a German company breaking the law come over here and put Stand on weapons.

Last edited:
Back