Fingerprint Card Question????

I recall asking this some years ago, and the answer I got was you had to use the BATF fingerprint card. I recall it having an FBI reference on it.

Called them and was told long as it's an FBI fingerprint card they will accept it. But you can get free cards form the ATF so I would suggest going that route.

The reason you want to go with fingerprint cards sent to you by the organization that is processing your paperwork is because.....

I live in Florida. When I applied for my concealed weapons permit, the fingerprint card specifically states the agency it is for. If you are getting fingerprinted at the police department and theres a massive ink spill/murphys law, very frequently will the fingerprint tech just grab a new fingerprint card.

That creates a problem because instead of the fingerprint card saying FDLE or FBI it now says "COUNTY JAIL" and it will foul up your paperwork.

As a sidenote: When I went to get my prints done I brought TWO sets of fingerprint cards just in case something happened. Didn't need them but theres your reason.

When I submitted the paperwork to the ATF for the subgun I bought I was told that I needed to have my prints taken, two passport photographs and a CLEO sign off. I went to the city police department and got the prints. Two blocks down the street I got the photos and across the street at the sheriff's office I got the CLEO - all the same day. I had the returned ATF approved paperwork within 45 days. No issue at all using the local police department fingerprint cards. Don't know why there would be one.

Back