• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

Finding my posts

poorboy126

Inactive
Hey new to the site, but really loving it. I was wondering how I find all the forums I have posted on? I know you can click on another users name and see their posts, but how do I do that for me?

There are several ways to find your own posts.

Enter your name in the username box and search (pull down the search menu and select Advanced Search). That's the hard way.

If you have one of your posts handy (like the one above), left click on your name and select "Find more posts by [your name]". That's a little easier.

Click on your name on the front page in the Currently Active Users down near the bottom. Your name should be first in the list. That will bring up your own profile where you can select to view your posts or any threads started by you. That's the easiest and most thorough method.

Welcome to TFL!

Thank you very much for explaining that to me in a clear and understandable way. I'm glad I asked and appreciate your help.

One more way is to click on the "Quick Links" tab on the top of your screen. Select "Subscribed Threads" and it will list all the threads you are subscribed to, as well as which ones have recent activity since your last login.

... if you have subscribed to any threads.

The Quick Links menu is, however, a faster way to get to your profile than the method I described. (select "My Profile")

Not by default. You have to have selected that option under Edit Options in your User CP. (Personally, I dislike and don't use subscriptions.)

On other vBulletin forums I belong to there is a search feature in the box where it says, "Welcome, MarkoPo." and where you look at your private messages. They have a "My replies" and "My threads" button. Is there anyway that feature can be enabled on this forum? It does make find the thread you post in quite easy to find.

I agree, that would be a nice-to-have feature. However, it sounds like a hack or an add-on feature. It's not something that comes with native vbulletin. You're only two quick mouse clicks away from the same options though in all vb forums - Quick Links -> My Profile. Then select "Find all posts" or "Find all threads". But, like I said, having them on every page would be nice.

Back