Finding a nitche for the Piettia.36 Policerevolver?

ZVP

This little revolver has become one of my favorites since purchasing it just about a year ago.
I had longed for a new .36 caliber revolver a while ago and when a saw the rebated cylinder , 6 shot capacity and short barrel on this rendition of the Colt Police, I just grabbed it!
Little did I notice that it's built on a regular '61 , 36 caliber frame alsoI totally forgot about leather gear for the gun.
I ended up buying a reqlly nice smooth leather holster from Cabelas. a Slim Jim design with a middle belt. I cut about an inch off the end andcurved the cut. 'just-so" to acentuate the middle strap's curves. Looks GREAT! It carries high on the belt and due to the 5 1/2" bbl, draws smooth and unencumbered. As a trail companion or Dress hardware, the Police looks really good. The ample cylinder capacity ensures a full load of balls without the additional inches of barrel of the Navy model. The more I carry and shoot this one, the more I like it! Piettia has built a sturdy, meduim sized beltgun . Being q steel frame, it should last for years worth of shooting and show no stretch or wear.
Full 22-25 gr loads may be loaded without any worry of pressure woes.as the origonal thin walled Colts had. Go ahead and load her heavy!
I haven't had the chance to fire conicals yet but the ample loading port in the frame ought to make it easy.
As a shooter, trail gun, back-up or primary arm this version of the Police fits almost anywhere!
Maybe someday a commercial crossdraw holster may be produced, then you could back-up a standard' 51 holstered strong side. Till theni amexperimenting finding a nitche for this neat revolver.
One aspect of the gun is the medicre groups it shoots. The tiny blade front sight combined with the smallish hammer notch don't make for Match accuracy. The Police more than shoots acceptable groups of 4" easilly,Plain vanilla .375 balls work well nd load esily.
For the sale price I paid it's been a hell of a dealto own and shoot!
ZVP

For little more than a commercial holster you could have one custom made or make one yourself for it. They are nice sixguns.

We have two of em, and both are outstanding shooters. As Swathdiver mentioned, it is easy to fashion any style of holster to fit these, a slim jim style crossdraw being my favorite. I am presently carrying a Pietta .44 snubnose with the birdshead grip in a Tandy minimal holster, but i would feel equally well heeled with one of the Pietta 62's on my belt.

Last edited:
Back