FINALLY

CjAl

FINALLY (pics added)

didn't think the UPS truck would ever come. 8pm it dropped of my K31 and my MD57

the K31 is very nice, the MD57 tok will take some cleaning before I can tell but it looks okay. Right now it looks like a blob of vasaline with something black way in the middle of it. It came with one magazine and NOTHING else. SOG is apparently at the bottom of the barrel. I expected the holster but no such luck.

here is some bad cell phone pics of the K31
IMAGE_014.jpg

IMAGE_013.jpg

IMAGE_016.jpg

Last edited:
Looking good. Your going to love it, very few people are disappointed with a k31. K31's only have one magazine usually, it should be serial numbered to the rifle unless it got mixed at sometime.

Very cool. I was also waiting on the UPS guy to bring my MN 91/30 over the weekend, didn't think he was gonna make it but he brought it late in the evening :).

it has a numbers matching Mag. the metal is in great shape but the blueing on the reciever is somewhat lighter. I'm not sure if that is normal it looks like it may be normal from the pictures I've seen of others.

i've got a huge box of ammo i'm ready to get started. I sure am glad the swiss don't pack in cosmoline. the MD57 is a mess with that stuff. today is going to be a long day of gun cleaning. The tokerev is alot smaller then I expected. I have a big hand and it's a pretty slim gun. might make a decent concealed carry pistol if it's not in the greatest shape. I found a guy who has them still with two mags and accessories and they are supposedly all hand picked and near museum quality for around $250. I may just go that route and get another

I was going to order a 91/30 too. I think that's probably everyones first C&R recently. I just figured these looked to be running short in supply faster then the negants. I will likely order one in the next month or two after my wife starts talking to me again. I sure like the ammo prices on the 7.62x54R

here is the Tok. I'm not over thrilled about this one but i'm satisfied I guess. the gun shows holster wear and where they cut the slide for the safety is goobered up a bit. there is also a scratch from the slide release arm and also the spring steel saftey catch on the other side. But they are light.

there is NO wear of any kind on the feed ramp and the barrel looks almost unshot. My feelings is this pistol was issued but rarely used. oh ya, the crest is fairly light on it as well, it's hard to see. The finish is decent.

Please excuse the over oiling. I found it was sucking it up a good bit after using brake cleaner to get the cosmo off so I saturated it and let it sit. then I wiped it all down but I took these pic first

035-1.jpg

029-1.jpg

039.jpg

036.jpg

030.jpg

I put 36 rounds through it. It's too hot to stay outside any longer. wow it's louder then I expected! it fed and shot perfectly. but what's up with this? I heard this happened with the polish but this is the romanian surplus. out of 36 rounds all but mabey 6 did this
041.jpg

Doggone IT Nazis at work won't let me see your pictures, but I'll wager that you're talking about case mouth splits. If so, it's going to happen to any ammo that is stab crimped. Those little pokes cause stress points that get relieved by splitting.

Oooh, I would not shoot any of that ammo anymore and have a smith look the pistol over. Definitly not kosher.

Dave, it's normal for that ammo to split like that. It's a "feature" of stab-crimped ammo, especially if it's been sitting around for 30 or 40 years. The crimp can be pretty severe, darn near a hole near the mouth of the case. They've made those rounds that way since World War II - yes, the case mouths split, but they've been splitting for 60 years. When you put a stress point in a metal structure, it becomes a point of failure.

BTW, they may have boogered up the slide a little, but at least it's not that hokey safety that the Romanian Toks got! Yours looks much more like it belongs there.

I'll give them that much, the safety could almost pass as original on the yugo's.

If I had some way to plug the holes I would probably just take it out. This one may end up duracoated anyways if I end up buying another

Still seems odd. I have shot a bunch of 9x18 and I have never had this happen.

Well, it may be an apples and oranges type of thing. The 7.62x25 chamber pressure is somewhere on the order of 42,000 PSI, while the 9mm Mak is in the 23,000 PSI range. The 7.62 ammo is hot, that's for sure, and it shows up at the mouth of the case.

CJ. Look under the buttplate of the K31 and see if you have the previous owner's tag.

The Doc is out now. :cool:

already done. not only was there the troop tag but also a receipt of some sort that says.
“This gun was given to my father by M. Nicolet for the amount of 100 Francs on January 6, 1975. “

Nicolet is the name of the solder on the troop tag however it looks like Andre Nicolet to me.... Son mabey? it's in french
175.jpg

Possibly M. Nicolet is MONSIEUR Nicolet...using the honorific initial is rather common is French-speaking Europe.

Back