Finally, the RIGHT way to execute a DUI arrest

haha that was some funny stuff...want to ask though in seriousness...do they really ask you to recite the alphabet backwards? i know i cant do that sober...much less while drinking.....

same thing w/ the dance stuff....is that really the road side sobriety test?.... :barf:

Of course that's how it all works. You can check for yourself ...on RENO-911 (Comedy Central ...that's where this clip came from).

Brian

I watched this awhile back with my wife a few times - and very funny it is too!

On a serious note - count the number of times she turns her back on this guy.

You guys need to watch more TV...this is from Reno 911...on Comedy Central. It's a hysterical show, by the way.

- Gabe

Well, my wife and I rarely watch "TV" at home; my record is once during a period of about a year.

When they ask you to recite the alphabet backwards, starting at Z and ending with A, a drunk person will usually screw it all up, but a sober person will eithor state they can't, or go slowly and make few mistakes. It just gives enough cause for further tests, along with the other field sobriety tests.

"Reno 911" might be the most realistic police show ever put on television.

If "normal" people knew how weird the cops REALLY are, they wouldn't leave their house . . .

Nimitz87, yes, they really do ask you to do the alphabet backwards. At least, they did to me once! :p

But it is not to see if you are able to do it, it is to see how you react or try to do it that they are watching. Even when they ask you to do it forwards, it is more to see if you sing along with yourself than it is if you get it right.

Interestingly enough, this test only works on people who went through our elementary school system. People from other ethnic backgrounds don't react right when asked about our alphabet.

Hey Jeff - I resemble that remark! :rolleyes: (Though certainly not in the Reno 911 fashion! ;) )

Reciting in singsong is one clue to look for, but far more drunks skip, jumble, or repeat letters - at least the ones I've come across. Not that many singers...

Oh - backwards? Never.

Back