Finally someone has evidence showing an AWB makes sense. Lets get one started.

Status
Not open for further replies.
By contrast, Ruger 9mm's are more reliable, higher quality weapons. They're favored by law enforcement officers, well-heeled target shooters and collectors — and adult crooks as well — and cost about $500 new.

Ruger makes a fine pistol but they are not favored by law enforcement officers, well heeled target shooters, and collectors.

Do these writers even research this stuff before they write these articles.

That is aboslutely the stupidest article I have ever read. TIME should be ashamed of such ignorance.

WildnawtheyrevelinitAlaska TM

The ATF's trace data was compiled from data collected in 1999 and 2000. The report was published in 2002.... And now in 2009, certain circles are just now reporting this stuff?

None of this passes the smell test.

What!? Not a Glock on the list? I guess the homies stopped using them when they found out that the "Home Boy Nyte Sytes" weren't real.

this is an old article. I just wanted to bring it up as I have not seen it, or the study, cited here in the last year and had never seen it myself.

according to an unpublished study by U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms and obtained exclusively by TIME
Exclusive? I've had that data for years.

Though most teenage gangbangers wouldn't be caught dead with a Smith and Wesson .38 revolver, an old fashioned six shooter

But...

street criminals are interested almost exclusively in semiautomatics, preferring their superior firepower. (Semiautomatics hold at least seven and often as many as ten or twelve rounds of ammunition.)

So, a jump in 1-3 rounds in capacity counts as "superior firepower?" Hrm.

Of course, Bryco has been out of business for several years, and I haven't bothered checking the newest data. While I'm sure the Ring of Fire guns are still King of the Hood, I'd be curious to see how the Top Ten roster has changed in the last eight years.

Funny there's no black rifles on there...

Another example of leftist propaganda passing for "news."

From the article:
(Semiautomatics hold at least seven and often as many as ten or twelve rounds of ammunition.)
Golly gee, as many as 12? Funny, the number 2 gun on the list holds 15+1. Nice research, didn't even visit the manufacturers websites. What a bunch of clowns.

That is aboslutely the stupidest article I have ever read. TIME should be ashamed of such ignorance.

Ah Wild, you miss the breathtaking beauty of the spin in this article.

This article is completely about THE GUNS and is spun so carefully that THE CRIMINALS are basically an afterthought. The fear mongering is so subtle and yet all the more powerful for that subtlety because obviously the crimes are caused by THESE GUNS (leaving the reader to come to the "only logical" conclusion that THESE GUNS must therefore be....wait for it.... BANNED of COURSE!).

The thing is, in terms of general psychology it does actually dovetail nicely into the pre-packaged "logic" that the media has been programming the public with for years.

Except when you know that it's CRIMINALS who cause crime and the tools are really the afterthought.

This list is skewed...

All the really good guns that were used in crimes were thrown into the Hudson and never recovered...

Experts at the ATF's National Firearms Tracing Center in Falling Water, W.Va., believe that the demand for Bryco wares is driven by teenagers and young adults who like the guns' menacing looks, ample 10-round magazines and rock-bottom prices.

Since when did a Bryco look menacing?

Oh well, worth reading just to laugh.

Al said:
None of this passes the smell test.
Gagh! Usually the first thing I check, is the date of the linked article. July, 12, 2002.

Missed it completely.
Creature said:
Was it inaccurate at the time it was published?
No. It was accurate for what they wanted to show.
Tom Servo said:
Funny there's no black rifles on there...
The actual report does list them. Just that they are so far down the list....

Let's wait for the 2012 report to come out, shall we?

Old, old news. Closed. :o

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back