Finally shot the wonder micro-9's!

OhioGuy

I'd shot a P365 before, once, but didn't get many rounds through it.

today I got to rent the P365 XL, P365 SAS and Hellcat.

Did not like the Hellcat. Didn't fit my hand. Snappier to me. I was really disappointed as I usually like Springfield products. This just wasn't me at all.

XL was awesome. Slap a red dot on that little sucker and you're off to the races. I really want one now!

But the SAS really impressed me. I had thought that Meprolight sight would be a hokey gimmick but the thing really works! No, NOT for bullseye shooting. But it glows and I found that if I can see it glowing somewhere within the target area, eyes open and on the target, I can land decent hits at almost any range. Precision shooting? Not so much because it quickly obscure the target.

Anyone else use these sorts of sights? They were plenty bright at a well lit range but I wonder about how well they'd show up in darkness. Anyone have that experience?

I did notice less flip than I felt with the XL. It was very quick to get back on target. I felt the most muzzle flip with the Hellcat.

The green dot sight was really spiffy and astonishingly effective in the well lit range, but they let me take it aside into a classroom with the lights dimmed, and there it definitely was not easy to pick up. Not as bright as the tritium dots typical of night sights, and those are not usually all that bright anyway. Standing in a dimly lit area but aiming toward something brighter made the sight practically invisible.

Still pretty slick though. I could see it being a very effective combo with a laser sight maybe.

I still love me some red dot though, and XL is the way I'd go based on the ones I tried yesterday.

Back