Finally picked up a pocket carry 380 , 1st range trip

Road_Clam

So been looking for a pocket carry .380 for about a year now, and after trying several different mfg's I settled on the Kimber Micro .380 Desert Tan. Found this one used and what looks to be almost unfired. I can't see ANY typical metal to metal wear anywhere on the slide or frame. Got it for $440 OTD with 2x mags. Had a chance to get it to the range today and you tend to wonder why a mint gun gets traded in, but my LGS has a no hassle 30 day warranty so I was covered if it proved to be a jammster. Well, to my delight my new / used Micro ran absolutely flawless with 3 different types of factory ammo including 95 gr cast RN remans' . Slide locked open after every empty mag. Accuracy was REALLY impressive with the Fiocchi 95 gr RN's I shot an awesome 5.5" group at 25' (this is excellent for me as I suck). The Kimber Micro feels perfect and secure in my hand even with the 6 round flush mag. The 7 round extended mag feels even better. Very smooth shooter for a compact 380. No doubt heavier than polymer framed , but again a very smooth cycling. Feels a tad lighter than my wife's Sig P238 . Shot about 80 rounds today, and not a single cycling issue. The micro carrys very well in my pocket as long as my pockets are on the "large" size. A few of my jeans have tight pockets and they won't work. I'm a very thin build, so the Micro will be a perfect summer tee shirt pocket carry as opposed to my larger Beretta Nano which is too large for me to conceal under a Tee shirt. I carry the Nano in the cooler months appendix IWB under loose sweatshirts / hoodie / jacket.

A little strange, this Desert Tan model is all the same color. All the models I searched are a 2 tone Desert Tan / Black scheme. This must be an older model.

Back