Finally own a 1911.

MP Freeman

Just got a new Springfield Armoury "loaded" 1911, parkarized version.

I like it much. Carries well, but I could use a new holster. I thinking on a Milt Sparks IWB Executive companion in horse hide with belt and mag pouches.

I'll be putting another exact pistol in layaway next week.

Just thought ya'll should know. Or I just wanted to tell someone about my new toy. My wife isn't impressed.:)

Regards,
MP

congrats on your SA! It should serve you very well. Once I find a handgun I really like I tend to buy at least one identical model... worst comes to worst theres the spare parts thing.

MP-5,

You should always have an identical gun in storage. Several reasons, but the big two are as follows:

1. As mentioned, Spare parts.

2. What if I ever use this carry weapon in self defense? Maybe the authorities will confiscate my gun as evidence. Now I'm gunless! So find a gun you like and are comfortable and good with, then buy another just like it. Two is one, One is none.

Regards,
MP

My wife wasn't impressed by my guns until I bouth HER one.
We had common ground after that. Get her shooting!

I really like my Springfield 1911A1 (loaded). It is accurate and reliable. What don't I like? There are two very sharp edges, one on each side of the magazine well. They have to go! Regards, Richard.

I just bought a Springfield Loaded model PX9151, This is the SS fullsize and I'm in love with it! Shoots great, very little recoil, well made and only cost me $500 NEW.....LIFE IS GOOD

Back