Finally Killed A BEAR!!

osirus101

It was one of the greatest experiences i have ever had and i wasnt even looking for one. I went target practicing way out in the middle of no where and on the way home i found the biggest black bear i have ever seen. With only my 454 Casull and corbon penetrators i followed the bear( very short distance) took one shot with my casull a perfect vital shot took off like a rocket...did a little tracking and not a 100 yards from the shot was my bear!

i now know my 454 is capable...and ill have a nice rug/mantel piece...so excited thought i would share it with the firing line

Osirus101

Congrats! :cool:

Luck does have a lot to do with hunting success, but skill to follow up on lucky opportunities must be earned - glad you wer up to it.

Of course eat the meat...its really good...especially if they have been eating up rose hips and berries. We took it down to the taxidermy...and it appears we have our self a good size inland Grizzly...because of the colors we thought it was a big black bear...still legal in the area we shot it..i made sure to take those precautions any way just to be safe..

Osirus101

I hear bear is really good tasting, but I dunno if I could eat it...I mean, it's a member of the Canine family (i.e. related to DOGS)...

Sorry there Scrap5000, . . . but if my old biology teacher didn't lie to me, . . . Bruno the bear is far closer related to Porky Pig than to any Fido.

Genetically he is darn near a first cousin.

May God bless,
Dwight

Back