Finally got to shoot my Howa 1500 ss .270

Servo77

well, this isn't much of a range report or anything, but I got to sight the thing in finally. Great stuff! was using inexpenives winchester silver box 130 grainers and the thing shot a group of 7/8 (.875) inches!

I know that is not all that great (although for a sporter weight hunting rifle...hmmm), but I was thrilled that the gun did that out of the box with no work and with budget ammo. I figure with handloads or premium stuff it would easily be down around 1/2". Second Howa I have owned and I cannot say enough good about them! Both have been very accurate.

I share your joy...

How big is the disc that would hide all your rounds?

If you can cover your bullet holes with a quarter...not just touch them...
It's all that!!!

I always did love my Howas... :) ;)

not quite a quarter yet, but this was with budget ammo...still better than moa! I will have to try it with premium ammo, or at least a variety. Man, what this gun could do with handloads tuned for it!!!

Last edited:
I didn't try breaking in the barrel because I have heard so many different stories about that. Do it, don't do it....clean after each shot, etc. Nah, just decided to clean it and then shoot it.

good for you, my howa .22-250 shoots 1/2" straight out of the box with factory win. loads, without any of that silly/costly break-in mess, and doesn't get a fouled bore quickly either

Back