Finally Got That Remington Mosin Nagant

gandog56

But I finally got the Remington Mosin Nagant. And looks like I got it before Bubba got his stinking fingers on it. Paid way too much, but I've been trying to find an unaltered one for a long time.

1918-mosin-nagant-001.jpg_thumbnail0.jpg

Oops, I moved from gun hating Illinois to a bit more liberal Alabama. Didn't want to live in the absolute last holdout from letting you do concealed carry. The shop was a place doing auctions at www.gunauction.com. Easy to do when you have a C&R license so they can ship it straight to you without you going through an FFL with a transfer fee.

As for the price, lets just say too much.

More pics? Hard to do as I don't have it yet.
Here's a few from the auction.
1918-mosin-nagant-002.jpg_thumbnail0.jpg

1918-mosin-nagant-003.jpg_thumbnail0.jpg

1918-mosin-nagant-006.jpg_thumbnail0.jpg

Oops, I moved from gun hating Illinois to a bit more liberal Alabama. Didn't want to live in the absolute last holdout from letting you do concealed carry. The shop was a place doing auctions at www.gunauction.com. Easy to do when you have a C&R license so they can ship it straight to you without you going through an FFL with a transfer fee.

Don't worry it's not. There's still NJ:mad:

Grean guns though, My friend has a remmy nagant and its a wonderful gun. a bit smoother then my russian and the wood is far nicer. Mine does have a better bore though ;)

Don't worry it's not. There's still NJ

NJ atleast has laws allowing concealed carry, even if they don't like to issue them. Illinois is the only state left with no provision on the law for citizens to carry.

you know I always heard stories about westinghouse and remington 19/30s and I have seen a few websight explaining the proofs and markings but I've never seen photographic evidence of a first person account with one... makes me a little sad that I just payed 125 for an izhevsk when I should be looking for one of the last remingtons.

Congratulations, again:)
You will pay considerably more for an unaltered Remington or New England Westinghouse M91. Once in awhile you will see on at the online aution sites...not too ofter. And, if they have US issue proof marks they'll go up another couple hundred! Be happy you have a nice old M91...especially a 1918, they are a little more rare than 1917...but not quite as rare as a 1916.

NJ atleast has laws allowing concealed carry, even if they don't like to issue them. Illinois is the only state left with no provision on the law for citizens to carry

I would much rather it be like IL here, the there would be no doubt about the way we subjects are treated here. Its BS that people with some high up friends or those who can grease the palms of judges get what the rest of us can't.

Back on topic :D Hows the bor eon that remmy? I got really lucky with my dragoon. looks brand new. I would really like to get it out to some longer ranges to see what it can really do.

Oh man!! Thats cool!! Ive been looking for a remington to go along with my NEW. Its just dang hard to find them.

Bubba seems to especially love rare and valuable Mosins, so nice work.

I'm really curious how much you got it for. Can you at least ballpark how much you got it for? It's really a cool rifle, and I'm potentially jealous. Potentially.

Back