Finally got my Kimber!

LiquidTension

I picked up my new Pro Carry on Tuesday. Took it to the range Thursday and all I can say is WOW. The first shot I fired (~7yds) took the X out of the center of the target. The next 4 all went in the same hole. NONE of my other handguns are that accurate, the closest is my S&W 65 in .38. I had 3 feeding issues in 100 rounds. I was using the factory mag (looks like a 7rd McCormick) and some nasty cheap reload ammo (all I could afford after paying $630 for the gun and having a paycheck held). I'm hoping that the feed issues will be resolved after another range session. My 3 new McCormick 8rd mags came today, perhaps they will perform better than the other one. Thanks guys for the help in choosing this gun. I've been converted to the 1911 fan club =)

- LT

Liquid Tension,

Glad you like your new Kimber. Mine had some feeding issues as well, but they seem to be resolved now. I switched to Wilson 47D magazines, tuned the extractor, and put an 18lb recoil spring in. It worked 100% last time out.

Good luck with yours!

P.S.--The Dream Theater DVD/Video comes out on the 24th! You buying?

See ya,
SFB

glad you joined the club...

ive had my kimber for about a month now and have nothing but praise for it. I did, however have some feeding problems with the factory mag. I got some chip mccormicks 10 rounders and didnt have too many problems after that. i was using fiochi 230 grain for a while till it just got way too expensive. They were great though, didnt have any problems. But the last time out at the range i used some crap reloads and had a jam almost once per mag. Man that was a pisser. anyways have fun and much shootin.

ditty

Back