Finally got my 686 put together.

Sling Shot

Finally got my Weigand barreled, Skeeter Skelton stocked 686 put together.

Hello all. I finally got my S&W 686 to my liking. It was originally a 686 round butt with a 4 inch barrel. I had Weigand Combat to install a 6 inch switch barrel. I have been waiting on a set of custom grips from Blu Magnum. They finally arrived today, and now I can post the pictures of the completed 686. I wish I had taken the pic of the gun in the sun light like I did the grips, and it would have come out a lot better. The grips look black in the pic here, but go to the next post, and that is more indicative of what they look like. SS

Attachments

• sw1.jpg
    sw1.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 226
Last edited:
Since I can only do one attachment per post. Here is a picture of the grips that show the burl of the walnut. These grips are absolutely fantastic. Forgot to mention but these grips are Skeeter Skelton style. They have a hand rubbed oil finish. The pic shows the burl of the walnut very good, but one would have to see them in person to see the absolute beauty of the walnut and oil finish. SS

Attachments

• sk1.jpg
    sk1.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 175
If anybody is interested in the Skeeter Skelton style of grips, Tedd Adamovich of Blu magnum is the man to do the job. He is a master. They are very expensive and so are Herrets. If you ever order a set, make sure to get the presentation grade walnut and hand rubbed oil finish, and you will never regret it. Here is the link to Blu Magnum. SS
http://www.sixgunner.com/blumagnum/default.htm

Last edited:
L-exchange

Slingshot Ive been thinking of having the L-interchange done to my 686+. I would like to hear how this set up works. Can you post a range report when you get around to shooting it?

Thanks

Rhino, I have only gotten to the range twice since I had the barrel switched to the Weigand. I think the 6 inch barreled Weigand weighs less than a 4 inch full lugged 686. I can not be absolutely sure though since I do not have the right scales to weigh both pieces. It handles perfect for me while shooting .357 or .38 special. I am not the one to measure groups or that sort, but I was able to shoot walnuts at 20 and 25 yards with .38 special. I did not really try to print paper with .357 just because I wanted to see how the gun handled shooting .357. I put approximately 300 rounds of Georgia Arms .38 special 148 gr wadcutters on paper from 15 to 25 yards in which most of them were shot during single action mode. I tried DA, but I have to practice a bit more with that. I had to change targets a pretty good bit because it was tearing ragged round holes in a lot of them, and at times I could not tell whether I was hitting the target or not, but I realized they had to be going through the same holes, and told myself to change targets more often. To tell you honestly, I would like to put this baby in a ransom rest with some wadcutters, and see what it is really capable of doing. In my honest opinion, I do not think it is that far behind a PPC gun. Only a ransom rest will tell the story. SS

P.S. Rhino just do it. Believe me. It will be one bad mamajamma.

Sounds like a cool rig. I'll probably do it, once I get my other recent purchases dialed in.

Are you interested in selling that 4" stainless barrel? Does it have the "new" s&w interchangable front sight blade? I might be interested in your 4" barrel for a project gun if you dont need it.

Back