Finally got my 1st Glock!!!!

swatman

Well, After wanting to own a glock for quite some time I finally really set my sights on the model 19 since it felt best to me but had been putting off actually buying one untill last sunday at my range a friend there let me shoot her model 19.
I shot it and totally fell in love with it and decided I had to have one right away. so today I bought a brand new Glock 19 and can't wait to get it to the range tommarrow I cant keep my hands off of it. I am so excited.
I would however appreciate any feedback concerning getting some good hi cap pre-ban 15 rd mags for it.
the store threw in a free set of hogue grips for it as well. :D

Congrats on the Glock you will love it. I know I love mine. You got to try the G30 and G26 they are great little guns too. :D

I think you got the right one if you're just gonna have one Glock but as Shooter .45 says, it can lead to more. I will be getting a Glock 26 one of these days to go with my 19.

Yeah I really love the USP 45, it's my favorite pistol and I am a huge HK fan.

BUT...

The ability to tear down a Glock in to its little pieces with a rock and a nail, wipe any grime off the internals with a shirt and have it back together in under ten minutes is pretty impressive.

The scary part is, I might get another Glock before I buy another HK...

I am also of the opinion that the G19 is possible Glock's best all-around pistol.

That's why I have one! :D

Now, go shoot it!

well, shot it yesterday,
and as I expected, i was very impressed.. Easy to handle accuracy was impressive and not even a single break in jam or any probs except brand new mags are kinda hard to load to capacity till the spring lightens up I guess cuz getting th elast round in was murder on my thimbs :)
I shot about 200 rounds of ammo through it my 1st day out..
most of it Winchester white box, that I get from wally world at 5.96 a box and some gold dots as well.
I noticed its almost as east to conceal as myKeltec. and more comfortable in my hands.
I got some Hogue Rubber grips for it as well.
I am very excited about this gun ;)

RE stiff magazines, might want to try leaving one fully loaded and stored for a couple of weeks, then rotate out the other one for the same treatment. Worked on my new 23.

I had the 2nd session with mine, yesterday.

The first time out, I just thought it was OK. Yesterday, after some drills and bench testing, I really warmed-up to it.:) I'm almost afraid to shoot it again, else I morph into one of those rabid Glock fiends.:rolleyes::D

Seriously, I've always thought the large frame Glocks pointed unnaturally high for me, and I recall the trigger-safety blade irritating my finger. Earlier mags did not drop free when loaded, and half of the time when unloaded, to. That's why I never would trash-talk the gun, I'd just admit it wasn't for me.

Well, the G19 seems to point MUCH better than the full-size Glocks do, for me. With all those sharp serrations on the trigger, I can't even FEEL the trigger safety.:o Needless to say, the choked mags shoot right out like they should. I think you made a fine choice, Swatman.:)

Back