Finally got it Remington 700 XCR II

homesick

I have been wanting a 700 Remington XCR II 25-06 for some time, I finally order it last Sat. I picked it up today and so far I'am impressed. Trigger is set at 3.5 pounds and very crisp. finish is good, stock has nice gripping features. I put a 4X16 Sightron on it with Leoupold rings and bases. Saturday AM will see how it shoots. I have some Nosler 110 gr and 115 gr loaded up.

Excellent choice!

You will love it! Mine is the 300 WM and it's sub MOA with Black Hills 190s. Just a side note... I assume yours has a BC stock. Factory torque settings on the BC stock screws are 30-35 in/lbs.... NOT 65 which is common. Over tightening will bind the bolt at a minimum.

You will love it! Mine is the 300 WM and it's sub MOA with Black Hills 190s. Just a side note... I assume yours has a BC stock. Factory torque settings on the BC stock screws are 30-35 in/lbs.... NOT 65 which is common. Over tightening will bind the bolt at a minimum.

brmfan

Is this just on this particular model (stock) or on all the Remingtons? I have a SPS Buckmasters.

I took the XCR 25-06 out today for 1st time mixed results, it showed signs of likes and dislikes. Still to early as it only has 25 rounds thru it. I took my time shooting and cleaning (patch only), can't expect much at this point. The trigger adjusted very nicely.
Group size 1 1/8" to 2 1/4" Gona give it another work out tomorrow.

Bamaranger I had an XTR in 204 Ruger I really liked the caliber but I was not pleased with the accuracy. I do know a couple guys with 223s and 308s and they have very good success with them. I may try another in the future in 223.

Back