Finally found my revolver, S&W PC 681 Quadra-Port

kingknives

Even though I'm an avid auto fan, I've always liked to have at least one wheel gun. I've had a couple of Colts and Rugers, but back in 1997 I saw a Performence center revolver I loved. A 681 Quadra-Port. I was never able to get it, but as luck would have it, they just released a newer version and I snagged it up!!

681.jpg

A 7-shot L frame with fixed sights(black dovetailed front), Magna-ported 3" barrel, bead blast finish, chamfered charge holes, modified to take full moon clips, trigger stop, two sets of grips (compact checkered wood and Hogue) and a nice hard lockable aluminum case.
The SA pull breaks like a glass rod, but the DA pull was rather heavy ( a new rebound spring fixed that).

Now my perfect revolver hunt is over! :)
How is yours coming along?;)

Beautiful revolver. I saw an older model with hammer mounted firing pin for sale on auctionarms once. As with many things, it was too rich for my blood. How's the trigger?

That's a real sweet piece.

Will it function both with and w/o the moonclips? Have you chrono'ed any of your known, established loads in it to see what velocity loss it may have?

Back