Finally decided to get a full-size, service-caliber, double-stack mag auto...

Tinker Pearce

Gl60UaJ.jpg
iITtHkq.jpg

qR0e0Z4.jpg

What?! This counts!

Pretty good- working on some different loads using jacketed bullets, and doing some loads for accuracy testing. Got some info in the Reloading sections here, but you might have seen it already.
Yes I have on THR , have the same "handle" too, heck might have to "shoot" you a PM since I see you're located near by there Tinker.

Winston Churchill and Thomas Edward Lawrence had some fondness for theirs. You could be in worse company.

Is that chrome? Doesn't look yellow enough to be nickel, but I might be mistaken.

Winston Churchill and Thomas Edward Lawrence had some fondness for theirs. You could be in worse company.

Is that chrome? Doesn't look yellow enough to be nickel, but I might be mistaken.

It is nickel, and a very nice job, too. It's actually the only way I could afford one of these, since it has been 'ruined' for collectors. It's accurate and so far has been reliable.

Tinker Pearce said:
It is nickel, and a very nice job, too. It's actually the only way I could afford one of these, since it has been 'ruined' for collectors. It's accurate and so far has been reliable.

If it's any consolation, that's just an excuse collector's to lowball on refinished firearms. Nobody actually cares that much, and obviously a finely refinished firearm has infinitely more appeal that one which is pitted with rust.

In a pinch, true collector's take what they can get, and regardless of whether they're willing to admit it or not, when given the choice between a corroded firearm, a finely refinished firearm, or no firearm at all, they'll take the refinished one. In addition, some German firearms that are nickeled or chromed are G.I. bring-backs which were captured straight from the factories in the white, then were nickeled or chromed once they got back to the states, and obviously there's some historical significance and collector's value there, regardless of whether or not collector's are willing to admit it.

did not expect that!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, very nice indeed. Always been fascinated with them, one reason, among other things, excepting the grip panels, no screws!

Idk why collectors get so upset when someone merely wipes down a “historical” firearm. At least cleaned up weapons look better than some rusted pos no one is ever going to see anyway.

Idk why collectors get so upset when someone merely wipes down a “historical” firearm. At least cleaned up weapons look better than some rusted pos no one is ever going to see anyway.
I hear you on that there Fullclip610, now if it is a particular fire arm that has historical significance, like Hitler's PPK or the pistol that was used to assassinate Arch Duke Ferdinand or a firearm of the like, it really doesn't need to have it's original "patina".

Back