Finally bought a Kahr MK-40.

DAL

My finances are under control now (meaning Christmas has been paid for), so I finally bought an MK-40 last Tuesday.

My model has the regular sights, not the night sights; its finish is brushed stainless steel. I paid $539 for it at a local gun shop. Some of you may remember a previous post of mine where I said the MK-40 was going for $600. As it turned out, I was wrong about that. I was looking at the price tag of the gun next to it, a K-40 (thanks to all of you who gave me several leads as to where to buy an MK-40 more cheaply).

I haven't fired it yet--my wrist is still sore from a fracture--but I hope to be able to by month's end. Until then, I'll buy several different brands of ammo to test when I do shoot it. I'll let you all know how we fair.

Once again, thanks to Morgan for allowing me to shoot his MK-40; it really helped me to decide.
DAL

------------------
Reading "Capitalism: The Unknown Ideal," by Ayn Rand, should be required of every politician and in every high school.

[This message has been edited by DAL (edited January 15, 2000).]

DAL, you won't be disapointed. And I don't mean by the way this little gun shoots (you already know how it shoots judging from your post) but from the high degree of reliability, ease of maintenance and, most importantly, its size.

A great and highly concealable weapon!

My only problem with it is that after a very thorough search everywhere possible, I still can't find rubber grips for it. Neither Hogue nor Pachmayer or Pierce manufacture them. Sad...

I know what you mean. I recently accquired a Kahr K9 in a trade. It will shortly replace my Ruger SP-101 as my on duty backup.
I got mine used, with trijicon sights. Quite a sweet shooting little gun. I love my SP-101, but I recently suffered a severe injury to my wrist. Every bone in my right wrist was broken and recquired five hours of surgery to rebuild. As a consequence my wrist no longer tolerates those magnum loads.

Kahr recently purchased Auto-Ordinance. If they can manufacture a 1911 of the same quality as their compacts I may just be a repeat customer.

Enjoy your new baby.

Back