Finally after several attempts...

Mike / Tx

I have been trying to pick up one of the original H&G # 130 molds for a while now. I usually get out bid or they simply want WAY more than I am willing to part with. So after the last attempt I decided to simply go custom and try and pick up an Accurate version. Then low and behold, I ran across a fellow who was selling the H&G for $130, and I jumped on it. Turned out he had two, one new and one used, I went for the used one.
attachment.php

attachment.php

Hopefully it will be here early next week and I will have the pot filled and ready to go when it arrives. The best thing is I had already decided that the price I got it for was as high as I would go. The Accurate in about the same configuration but brass was going to run me around $180, so I feel I came out about where I wanted to be.

Attachments

• DSCN0292.jpg
    DSCN0292.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 210
  • DSCN0293.jpg
    DSCN0293.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 201
This mold is a 185-200ish gr. 45-acp mold is that correct mike?

Yep somewhere in that range should be around the 185's. I have close to half a dozen 1# coffee cans full that a friend gave me that run right at 195grs which would be easily accomplished with the 185gr version and something besides Lyman 2 alloy. I'm not sure what they were poured with but they are harder than anything I have around other than Lino.

They shoot good though, which is why I started looking for the mold.

Yep and I also got this in the mail yesterday, in a 4 cavity as well,
311440 (HP'd 30 cal Hammer o' Thor)

After pouring with those Lee 6 bangers, well a one or two cavity mold seems like torture to me :D:D

I like to see something popping out with each throw of the handles, and I don't like sitting there long to do it.

I got my 311440 today in the mail. It sure looks like it's gonna whomp something! That's a pretty nose! I was surprised to find that they are even going to chamber well. The .300 sizer goes halfway up the nose before it touches. :)
440001_zpsa53e77d7.jpg

Wow you poured those already???:D

I haven't even taken mine out of the box yet.

After seeing them, I sure wished that mold had come in around May instead of now three weeks before opening weekend. I would love to have had them loaded up for the grandson to use on a nice buck they saw over at my little 10 acre woods. Oh well he has plenty of Nosler Solid Bases loaded up to work with.

Hopefully things will settle down and I will manage to get some poured up, cured, and loaded to some reasonable degree of accuracy before it's over. I bet those HP's are going to put a smack down whoopin on the hogs out of my little Ruger .308. :D:D

'Finally got around to lubing some of em. It rained today, so all I did was lube my stockpile of different bullets all day. I been playing with my Lee 309-150-F and put these on the back shelf. I just went ahead and lubed every groove on em! :D
440_zpsf30e6db6.jpg

Back