finally a manufacturer without there tail between there legs

ZFH

U.S. Repeating arms has stepped up and said the way it is. Check out there open ended letter on there homepage

Chris

http://www.winchester-guns.com/homepage/homepage.htm

Unbelievable !

Someone (in the Industry) with the b@lls to put the truth into type where it can be read by all.

3 cheers for their P.R. guy ! :) :) :)

------------------
"The Gun from Down Under !"

Great message. Ruger has been running one for a couple of months now, check it out at http://www.ruger-firearms.com/misc/rdbk.html

Winchester's letter was by far the best put.

Ruger, however, was lacking in many ways. The first I noticed was this: <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Respecting the right to own firearms bespeaks an extraordinary amount of trust by a government in the wisdom of its citizens;[/quote]
It's not the government that grants us this right, nor do they, by their actions in the past years, trust or respect us with regard to our ownership of firearms.

Secondly, I found many of their proposals listed a compromise of the wording of the 2nd Amendment.

This is truly a disappointment from a firearms manufacturer, because it read to me like they were trying to please both sides.

------------------
John/az

"Just because something is popular, does not make it right."

www.countdown9199.com

[This message has been edited by John/az2 (edited May 03, 1999).]

That's one big "Atta Boy Award" for U.S.R.A.C.!

I think I'll run a few rounds through my lever guns this weekend. :)

Yeah, great letter. However, note that they make a statement in line with all of our own preaching to the choir: "thousands of laws designed to punish the misuse of firearms".

"Punish the misuse" means after the fact. The gun-control crowd firmly believes that laws can by their very existence prevent this misuse. In their religious frenzy, they would have us believe that if there can just be *enough* laws, there will be no misuse.

And, if there were no guns at all, there would be no violence...

Go figure.

John...

I have the same problem with the Ruger statement. Its analogous to telling the school yard bully that he is a cool guy because he hasn't beaten you up.

Far too many people in this country, of all walks in life, fail to remember history....the US gov't exists solely because the Founders created it and allowed it to exist. It is our employee that is now acting like a crooked attorney/accountant.

------------------
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes"

Back