Finally a good case against NJ licensing

NJgunowner

Benton v. Platkin

Basically for all us NJ inmates, there is finally a strong case against NJ's draconian licensing schemes. I'm not going to get into it too much as I'm not a lawyer and don't even want to attempt explain it.

But the gist is, you can't pile a ton of very onerous licensing schemes to prevent or deter people from exercising their 2nd amendment right. NJ currently piles fees, waiting periods, character references, mandatory training on safe storage, and the kitchen sink to prevent people from being able to purchase a firearm. God help you if you if want to actually carry one. All designed to get people to give it up as too much trouble before they complete it.

Glad it finally is happening…

I moved to ME about 5 years ago for work. My parents moved out to NC last year. Really awesome to not have to go there, minus passing thru.

It was nice using my FFL-03 to have that dangerous M1 Carbine delivered to my house. Fast forward to today… 4 suppressors, 7 SBRs, 1 SBS and still have a AR pistol laying around somewhere. Gun rights are under attack everywhere… ME included. But hopefully a win happens down there.

Back