Finall shot the new Taurus M-85

Starsfan

Hey All,

I finally got to shoot my new Taurus Ultralight this weekend. She's a keeper! :)

I put a 150 rounds of FMJ through her, along with 20 rounds of Hydra-Shoks. No problems whatsoever. I'm glad to report that there was NOT one light strike at all. I shot S&B and UMC ammo, and the little Taurus shot to point of aim. I didn't have any +P ammo, and I'm sort of glad I didn't. After shooting several other handguns that I carried to the range, my hand was pretty sore.:rolleyes:

I'd recommend the Taurus to someone else who's interested in buying one, but hasn't yet took the plunge.

To Lightsped and all who replied to my "+P ammo in a Taurus" thread, I'd like to say thanks for all of your positive comments on my purchase!

Safe shootin' to ya'.

stars

Oh yeah, they are great guns. I have alot of faith in my Taurus M85s. I recomemended a friend of mine get one, and he bought a M85 Ultralite. The one with the aluminum frame in a matt stainless color. He likes his alot as well, it is his first gun, and he used to be a anti-gun person too! :)

I'd like to get me the hammerless Ultralite police model someday......

It's a surprisingly fine gun. The M85 Ultralight kicks quiet a bit with regular .38 ammo but it really hits where you aim it. For a 2" barrel and that price...you can't do better! :)

Lightsped,

That's exactly what I have....the aluminum frame with matte stainless finish.

How were you able to talk your friend into purchasing a handgun since he was anti-gun?

What's that "police model"? I don't think I've seen one of those. Is it LEO?

stars

It was quite strange really. One day out of the blue, my friend just asked me to go with him to help him pick out a gun. A few days later he bought his Ultralite. I know he is not into guns as much as I am, but at least he now is definately not anti-gun.

The details and specs of the Police M85 are here:

http://www.taurususa.com/titanium/undercover.html

Taurus also makes a CIA model which looks nice as well.

Man, that Police Model looks ssssweet. I don't think I've seen any of those while cruising the isles of the D/FW gun shows. I really like the two-tone looks of the stainless and Titanium. Do you know about what price the dealers are selling them for?

Good story about you helping your buddy look for his first firearm! Although, I should've known you'd stear him towards the Taurus! :)

Safe shootin'.

stars

Back