Filling the freezer again

Old Stony

I recently lost two freezers full, due to a blown breaker that I didn't catch for some days. Last night I got a start on filling them up again.
SjYvnBLh.jpg

Last edited:
Bummer on the freezer

There are commercially made alarm systems for that ya know.

When we were kids in the USAF we supplemented our paltry income by managing the apartments we lived in off base. The apartments were of course pretty commensurate with our income level......not nice.

This was in Merced, CA, central valley was plenty hot. As the managers we got the pleasure of cleaning out apartments and painting them for new tenants.

There is nothing worse than a fridge full of food that has sat for a month or two W/O power. Would have been best to take the entire thing to the dump W/O opening the door.

Noooo.......we had to clean them out. I can think of very few things that are more gross.

Good idea

I'm sure you could get something these days that will text you if the power goes out.
It's not a bad idea to know who sells dry ice in your area if you should have another issue with the freezer crapping out.

Dry ice can save the day.

Edit: Another very handy item is a Dixie cup and a quarter. Fill the Dixie cup with water and freeze it. Now put a quarter on top of it.
When you return home from a trip or vacation check the Dixie cup. If the quarter is on the bottom of the cup.....don't eat any of the food in the freezer.

Problem is of course not knowing the power went out, freezer thawed out, power came back on and it refroze.

Last edited:
Back