Filling out form 1

lockedcj7

I'm filling out a form 1 for a SBR and I've gotten to question 4.i, "state why you want to make firearm". Some instructions I've read say to put, "All lawful purposes." Some other websites I've read say that it will get kicked back.

I've done two form 4s for suppressors and I can't remember what I put, or if a reason is even needed. I have also searched but I'm getting too many threads that are unrelated.

What are other folks putting?

"All lawful purposes." Some other websites I've read say that it will get kicked back.
I've never seen a form get kicked back for that.

In fact, I can't recall a form being kicked back for anything in the reason field, and I've seen some goofy stuff.

For my gun collection is on most of mine. One says as an investment.

arfcom has a thread about all the silly answers people put in that box. Zombies was popular. (played out imho) At least one person claimed to have a stamped form 1 or 4 with "chicks dig it" on the form.

Dumbest idea of the day

Snyper Put "See Amendment 2"
That and other cute, funny or political statements will definitely get rejected.

Wait 8-10 months until your Form 1/4 gets rejected by an examiner who doesn't share your sense of humor or politics......then come back and tell us how clever you are.

That and other cute, funny or political statements will definitely get rejected.

Wait 8-10 months until your Form 1/4 gets rejected by an examiner who doesn't share your sense of humor or politics......then come back and tell us how clever you are.
It was a joke.

The OP had already answered his own question:

I'm filling out a form 1 for a SBR and I've gotten to question 4.i, "state why you want to make firearm". Some instructions I've read say to put, "All lawful purposes."

Lighten up and smile once in a while.
It won't kill you.

I've done 3 sbr and 2 cans using "any lawful purpose" without issue. I wouldn't get cutesy with references to the 2nd, but I don't see the above being an issue.

Back