Filing amendments on Form 4.

It's on the form

Directly from Form 4, instructions 8:
Any inquiry relating to the status of an application to transfer an NFA firearm or about procedures in general should be directed to the NFA Branch at (304) 616-4500.

Amendment? I would think if anything is chaged it would necessitate filing a new 4.

No. You can apply to BATF for an amendment to your Form 4 if, for example, you add a calibre to your existing NFA "weapon," be it another upper in a different calibre for a registered lower or an additional new weapon that accepts a registered auto sear (in that case, the sear is the weapon).

I need to know the procedure, but I can't find it anywhere on ATF's website. I think I will do as the previous poster said and call them.

Are you saying that every time you put a DIAS in another weapon you need to add that to the Form 4??? If I put a .22 conversion kit into my registered M16 I need to amend the form???

Medalguy, as I understand it, yes, or you should have included ".22 caliber" on the initial application. I had to do it on my FAL since I had a .22 LR conversion kit for it.

Back